Friday, April 2, 2010

Pssh..... Forget about Sea Level, The Mile High City is Where it's at!

Since Marketing Mix Studio's focus is towards helping small businesses I thought we would highlight a few of our favorite Denver/Douglas County small businesses. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Happy Cakes Bakeshop
I consider myself a cupcake connoisseur. I have tried every cupcake shop within Denver city limits and I can honestly tell you Happy Cakes tips the cake! I love their inventive flavors like oatmeal raisin, raspberry lemonade, margarita, French toast and my traditional favorite, red velvet. I liked these sweet little cakes so much, I forwent a traditional wedding cake and you guessed it…. had a cupcake wedding cake! If you are every in the hip Highlands neighborhood you must check out Happy Cakes.

Other great places in D-town for a sweet treat!
D Bar Desserts You gotta try the donuts or molten cake…YUMMMM!
Bonnie Brae Ice Cream  In the mood for some ice cream? Bonnie Brae is homemade and oh so delicious!

CorePower Yoga
I started my yoga practice back in college and have loved it ever since. So when I stumbled upon CPY I was ecstatic. My favorite class at CPY is yoga sculpt. Now when I explain this to you, you may think I am crazy but you have to try this class! Imagine a room heated between 100-103 degrees, going through yoga salutations all while holding weights between 2-8 pounds, doesn’t that sound fun?! Surprisingly this and other classes offered by CPY leave you feeling reenergized. They also break up the monotony of working out. But just a warning, bring an extra towel because you will literally sweat your butt off!

Canvas and Cocktails
My business partner and I just tried a class here last week. $40 gets you a canvas, paint, brushes and a lively instructor that will show you how to create a masterpiece. This class was perfect for someone like myself, that loves art but does not have an ounce of artistic ability. I left with a sense of accomplishment and amazement that I created such a work of art! It also gets better…..an extra $12 will get you a bottle of wine! Painting and cocktails, what an ingenious idea! They also offer kids clinics (minus the cocktails). So if you are looking for a creative outlet try out Canvas and Cocktails, you won’t be disappointed.

Garbanzo
Anyone that knows me knows that I love to eat. I love trying out new restaurants and I especially love unique places only found in Colorado. Garbanzo is a restaurant my husband and I happened to venture into a few weeks ago. It is Mediterranean food heaven. Great thing is that this place is casual dining at its finest. I was sent into a food coma after having a wheat pita with hummus, lettuce, vegetable salad, rice, chicken shwarma, falafel with Mediterranean garlic sauce to top it off. Oh and you have to have dessert and my choice is Baklava. For those of you who don’t know what Baklava is, it’s oohey-gooey goodness of honey, phyllo dough and nuts. With 9 locations across Colorado I am sure you will find one near you.

My other favorite restaurants (since I live in Douglas County I have to pay homage to my cities finest):

Little Italy Pizzeria: Best garlic knots and pizza on the south side (off of I-25 castle pines parkway).

The Old Stone Church: One of the best happy hours in Castle Rock. Plus how much cooler can you get then a restaurant built inside a church from 1888?!

Siena at the Courtyard: Siena offers a unique menu with everything from pasta and pizza to steak and seafood. There is something on the menu to fit everyone.

So now it’s your turn! What are your favorite places in and around Denver?

No comments:

Post a Comment